- Next fun ride route at Mydroilyn to be ridden to check for hazards.
- Problems with Powys bridleways linking to North Ceredigion routes raised with Councillor Gareth Ratcliffe at the Royal Welsh Show.
- Report sent to Ceredigion County Council and Natural Resources Wales regarding the obstructed/out of repair Rights of way at Angler's Retreat - New Pool . This would be a useful strategic route to restore and could provide a route away from wind turbines if the Nant y Moch wind farm development proposal is approved in the future.
- Report sent to Ceredigion County Council regarding obstructed/out of repair Pisgah to Llanfiangel-y-creuddyn Restricted Byway. Reply received to say that this route will be considered under the Ceredigion on Horseback project but that there are practical issues to be resolved.
- Blocked horse riding route at Llain Holiday Cottages at Brongwyn, Cwm-cou (SN 287 439) Ceredigion. Case started with report from BHS in Oct 2012. The last response received from the Council was on 6th March 2013. The status of the route appears to be an unclassified road with a permissive Tir Gofal route on top but we are continuing to make further enquiries.
- Next fun ride route at Banc y Darren ridden to check for hazards. E mail sent to Council/NRW regarding tree across bridleway, on our proposed route, near Cymsymlog.
- E mail sent to Ceredigion County Council expressing concern that proposed footbridge across a bridleway ford on the Wales Coast Path route near Tre'r Ddol does not interfere with the safe passage of horses and riders across the ford - a point which has been raised previously. Reply received from the Council.
- Meeting attended (Fil, Fiona) 4th June with NRW staff to discuss horse riding at at Nant yr Arian. Action points and annotated map drafted by us and circulated to NRW staff. Local landowners spoken to by CBG to assess options for improvement in access to bridleways in the surrounding area. Awaiting feedback from NRW.
- 2 letters sent (second on 1st May)and phone conversation had with Vale of Rheidol Railway regarding bridleway access gates at Troed Rhiwfelen and Aberffrwd 8mp crossing. CBG liaised with Rheidol Riding Centre who also raised the same points regarding concerns about the 4 gates with the Vale of Rheidol close to where they regularly ride. Action: By May 11th gates had been repaired and improved by the Railway company - see NEWS.
- Site visit 4th May to check gate which needs a new latch at Cwmerfyn- latch arrived-need to arrange contractor.
- BHS/NRW (ex FCW) meeting held in Aberystwyth on 8th May to discuss horse access associated with the proposed Nant yr Moch wind farm development as well as access at Nant yr Arian and to the woodland estate generally in Ceredigion. Site visit to Nant yr Arian planned for 4th June.
County Bridleway survey
Information is still in the process of being collated (June 2013) by CBG members to eventually feed into the BHS EMAGIN mapping website and to inform the CBG (and hopefully Ceredigion Council ) bridleway clearance and maintenance programme. We aim to complete this mapping exercise by October 2013.
Please contact the Chair Fiona Evans by e mail firstname.lastname@example.org or phone (01654 781461)if you are able to help survey routes or provide information.
Bridleway clearance & maintenance
We have carried out some bridleway clearance using local volunteer members, often before a planned fun ride. We have also volunteered by joining Ceredigion Council organised work parties. Our main mechanism for getting work done however is to contact the Council directly and landowners such as the Natural Resources Wales ( ex Forestry Commission and ex Countryside Council for Wales). We would like to do more direct action on the ground with permission of the landowner.
Please contact the Chair by e mail email@example.com or phone (01654 781461)if you are aware of routes that we could clear and/or to volunteer . Please note that you do not have to be a horse rider to take part as all users of these routes are welcome as members at our very low annual membership costs- £6 for one year or £10 for two yrs.